Cold Satay Sauce
We usually eat satay sauce as a warm sauce with rice, noodles, fries or with a piece of meat. Still, cold satay sauce is also very tasty with many dishes. Especially with cold salads of course, but also with a BBQ as a dipping sauce. It's very easy to make in just a few minutes as you don't really need to cook. It is also a satay sauce without sweet soy sauce or soy sauce.
- Make 50 ml of asem water by soaking a piece of Tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes
- Then take out the Tamarind and pour the asem water into a bowl where you will make the satay
- Add a teaspoon of sesame oil and a teaspoon of Sambal Oelek
- Now add two tablespoons of peanut butter to the mixture and stir it well until a nice smooth mixture is created
- Finally, add the grated ginger and coriander and mix it well with the satay sauce.
- Keep the satay sauce in the fridge
Enjoy your dinner
For example, use the cold satay sauce with a fresh summer Chicken Satay Wrap, as a dipping sauce with Asian tapas or simply to spread on a slice of baguette while having a drink. Actually, the cold satay sauce can go with anything.