The definition of a perfect burger is, of course, dependent on taste. Yet the Esquburger comes close to that. The Esquburger is a simple, but very tasty burger with a lot of flavour. The combination of the sauce, the meat and a tasty French cheese gives it a Mediterranean touch. For the mince spice mixture we use pimento de la vera here, this is the Spanish version of the paprika powder, made from a special kind of paprika, usually known as smoked paprika or soft pimento.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to the minced meat
- Put all the ingredients of the spice mixture in a bowl and mix well
- Then add the spice mixture to the minced meat together with the egg
- Finally, add the breadcrumbs and mix everything well into a firm ball If the beef is still too wet,
- add some extra breadcrumbs until you can make a firm meatball, but watch out that it doesn't get too dry
In the pan or in the oven
- Shape the meatball into six small balls and flatten them into a hamburger
- Make sure the burgers are the size of your bun
- Place the burgers on an oven tray and drizzle some oil over them, or fry them in a pan or on the grill
- Turn them regularly so they don't burn and when they're done put a few strips of cheese on each burger
- Then leave them in the oven,on the grill or in the pan until the cheese has melted.
- Prepare the Spicy burger sauce while grilling or baking
Spicy burger sauce:
- Combine all ingredients, start with the mayonnaise and then add the ketchup, sambal, spring onion and parsley
- Mix this well together and set aside
Enjoy your dinner
Cut the buns in half and put the buns on the grill or on the baking tray in the oven to make them crispy. To make up the Esquburger, start with a lettuce leaf. Then put a tablespoon of spicy burger sauce on the lettuce and place the burger with the melted cheese on top. Finish with a slice of tomato and two slices of cucumber. Finally, add a tablespoon of spicy burger sauce and place the top of the bun on top. Serve two burgers per person.
Watch the video of the Esquburger below.
- 400g Minced beef
- 1/2 Spring onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Clack pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Pimento de la vera powder
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tomato in slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Spicy burger sauce
- 1 Goat cheese or other strong cheese in strips
- 6 Hamburger buns