Do you want to marinate your meat in a delicious but spicy Asian way? Then do that with this Chili marinade. This is a spicy marinade with a fresh undertone that goes perfectly with chicken skewers for the BBQ. Spicy, slightly sweet and yet very fresh, a special combination for the connoisseur.
- Finely chop the green part of the lemongrass stalk and put it in a mortar
- Crush the garlic clove and finely chop the white part of the spring onion and add both to the mortar
- Squeeze the juice of the two limes above the mortar and add the palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- Finally, add the 4 tablespoons of Sambal Oelek, or more if you like extra spicy
- Crush all this together well so that the flavors are released and mix
- Mix the marinade with the meat to be marinated and let it soak for at least two hours, preferably overnight (in the fridge)
Enjoy your dinner
This Chili marinade is a delicious spicy yet fresh marinade that you can use perfectly for marinating your BBQ dishes, but can also certainly be used for marinating your Asian tapas. When you add some extra unflavored vegetable oil such as rapeseed oil to the mixture, you can also use this marinade as a dipping sauce for your meat, spring rolls or as a spicy salad dressing.
- 4 tbsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 Stalk of lemon grass
- 1 Small garlic clove
- 1 Small spring onion
- 1 tbsp Palm sugar
- Juice of two limes