Thai Basil Tea
A fresh tea that can be drunk well in both summer and winter and gives a lot of satisfaction. The Thai basil has an aniseed flavor with the cardamon adding a little extra. It refreshes the body and the herbs give you a wholesome feeling.
- Rip the basil leaves to release the oil from the leaves and place them in a teapot or tea strainer.
- Cut the cardamom seeds in half and add them to the basil leaves.
- Bring water just to the boil and let it cool down a bit, if you use strong boiling water there is a chance that the herbs will burn
- Add the boiled water and let the tea steep as desired.
- Remove the basil leaves and cardamom from the teapot using a strainer and serve while the tea is still warm.
Enjoy your drink
This Thai tea is a herbal tea made from fresh herbs without additives so that the herbs can work unimpeded. The Thai basil tea is a strong but calming tea. Ideal after a busy day. If you feel a bit flu or if you can use some extra resistance, add a lemon slice to the tea as an extra.
Thai basil tea
- 3 Leaves of Thai basil
- 2 Seeds of cardamom