Pita sandwiches are unmistakably linked to the kebab, gyros and tzatziki or a delicious garlic sauce. But sometimes you don't need to fill them extensively and they are used for dipping. That's why we have the recipe for Mini Pitas here. Easy as a side dish with a meal or with a drink.
- Dissolve the dried yeast in the warm water and then let it sit for ten minutes
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil
- Then pour the water-yeast mixture into the flour and knead into a large, smooth ball Divide the ball into 16 pieces, first divide it by four and then those pieces in half again and then those pieces in half again
- Roll each piece into a ball and dust lightly with flour
- Place them per 6 on a baking tray or baking paper and flatten them until you have a circle of about 1 cm thick
- Then let them rest and rise for 1 hour under a warm damp cloth or in a closed oven (that is not on) In the oven If you have let the pitas rise in the oven, take them out first
- Then heat the oven to 230 °C and bake the pitas for 8 - 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let them cool
Enjoy your dinner
Mini Pitas are delicious as a snack, side dish or with tapas as a dip sandwich. You can actually use them for anything. If you want extra tasty pitas, sprinkle some herbs through the flour, such as oregano, thyme and coriander. This will enhance the flavor of each dish. If you prefer a larger version of the pita, make 8 balls instead of 16.