Quiche is originally a French savory pie that you can eat as a meal or in between. You can fill a quiche in many different ways, with any kind of vegetables, cheese and meat. The Quiche Napolitana is an Italian summer variant and usually a great success.
- First fry the bacon until done
- Put the puff pastry in an oven dish and make small cuts in the dough
- Spread the bacon evenly over the dough
- Then spread the ricotta in heaps over the dough
- Then cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the dough
- Sprinkle the basil over the ricotta
- Take a bowl and put the 5 eggs together with the crème fraiche and mix well
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish
- Heat in a preheated oven at 170 °C for about 30-35 min.
Enjoy your meal
For some extra flavor you can also stir some pizza seasoning into the egg mixture. The Quiche Napolitana is delicious on a summer evening outside on the terrace. With a baguette with herb butter in advance, a delicious drink and a home-made ice cream afterwards, you can imagine yourself in the south of France or Italy. See below how to make the Quiche Napolitana step by step.