Chinese tomato soup
The one and only Chinese tomato soup as you get at a Chinese restaurant. The secret of a good Chinese tomato soup lies mainly in the stock. No ordinary broth but a fruit broth. So don't use stock cubes and prepare everything fresh.
- Put the water in a pan and bring to the boil
- Rinse the apple and cut the apple into wedges (do not peel)
- Wash the orange well and cut it in half and make some slits in it (do not peel)
- Cut the celery sticks into pieces and do the same with the ginger
- When the water boils, put the apple pieces, orange, celery and ginger in the water
- Now let it cook for about 15 to 30 minutes until the apple and orange are completely soft.
- Remove the fruit, celery and ginger, you now have a fruit stock
- Puree the peeled tomatoes into a watery mass
- Pour 1 liter of the fruit stock into a wok or large pan
- Clean the chicken breast and cook the chicken in its entirety with some salt In the rest of the stock,
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and the spring onion into rings and set aside.
- Heat the fruit stock in the wok/pan to boiling point (but do not boil)
- Slowly add the flour with a spoon and stir well after each spoon so that you get a nice sauce
- Stir in the oil well
- Then add the tomato puree and stir it well with a whisk to a nice red sauce
- Now add the sugar and stir well again
- Then pour in the vinegar and keep stirring, add some salt or v-tsin if necessary
- Finally, pour in the mashed tomatoes and stir everything together well
Enjoy your dinner!
Pour the Chinese tomato soup into 4 soup bowls or plates. Then divide the chicken cubes over the soup bowls together with the sliced spring onion. If you want to give the soup more filling, you can also pre-cook some egg, egg noodles or noodles and place them in the soup bowls before pouring the soup over it.