Homemade stock powder
Broth cubes generally consist for the most part of salt and preservatives. If you're lucky, there are actually vegetables in it. A big reason to give this homemade stock powder a try. It is a lot healthier and also much tastier than a stock cube from the supermarket.
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and mash this together with the pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and fresh herbs
- Then add the coarsely chopped leek, carrots, spring onions, maggi and celery sticks
- Grind this to a smooth puree, the finer you grind it, the finer the powder will eventually become
- Take a baking tray and place some baking paper on it
- Spread the mixture over the baking paper so that you get a thin layer.
- The thinner the layer, the better the drying process. Put the whole thing in the oven for an hour
- Then after an hour you open the oven door a little so that the moisture can escape (the oven remains at 100°C)
- Then let the mixture dry in the oven for another three to six hours.
- Stir the mixture regularly during drying When the vegetable mixture has dried completely, remove it from the oven and grind everything in a food processor to a nice powder form.
Enjoy your dinner
Store this homemade stock powder in a sealed jar. Put the jar in a dry and dark place and you can keep the powder for a year. You can use this vegetable stock to make soups, sauces and any other dish that requires stock. 1 Tablespoon of this homemade stock powder is enough for 500 ml of water.
Homemade herbal stock powder
- 1 Bulb of garlic
- 2 Onions
- 15 g Fresh thyme
- 11 g Fresh chives
- 40 g Fresh celery leaves
- 40 g Fresh parsley
- 10 g Salt
- 15 g Black pepper
- 5 g Cayenne pepper
- 1 Large leek coarsely chopped
- 100 g Carrots coarsely chopped
- 4 Spring onions with green coarsely chopped
- 50 g Celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 2 Sprigs of fresh maggi