Satay Ayam is a chicken satay with a slightly sweet marinade. The difference with most other satay marinades is that no chilli pepper, chilli powder or sambal is used. Satay Ayam are easy to prepare skewers that you prepare in the frying pan, on the BBQ or grill plate.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes and set them aside in a bowl
- Grind the palm sugar very finely, together with the stock cube, the garlic and the red onion
- Prepare the marinade in a medium-sized bowl as indicated in the marinade and mix the chicken cubes through it well
- Cover the dish with kitchen foil and let the chicken rest in the refrigerator for a few hours in the marinade
- After these few hours, thread the chicken pieces on skewers, leaving about four pieces per skewer.
- Make your choice between frying in the frying pan or grilling on the plate
- Heat the pan or plate and put oil on it when it is up to temperature
- Keep turning the skewers as soon as you start baking them for an even baking time
- Count on about 10 minutes, this of course also depends on the thickness of the chicken cubes
Enjoy your dinner!
Making Satay Ayam takes some time to marinate, but it is not a difficult dish to prepare. Make sure, especially with chicken dishes, that the meat is fully cooked before serving. Serve the Satay Ayam with a tasty one (link to....). You can of course vary with the different types of satay sauce that you serve with the chicken. Have a look at (link). A good frying pan is highly recommended for the tastiest satay skewers. At (link) you will find different types that you can use to make a delicious meal. See the video below.