Bulgogi chicken taco
Bulgogi is a spicy but simple meat dish that originated in the northern part of Korea. It is very popular street food in today's South Korea. The name loosely translated is 'fire meat' and generally consists of thinly sliced and marinated pieces of beef or chicken. For this recipe we use chicken, the Bulgogi Chicken Taco.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Tear the lettuce into strips, you can use green lettuce or purple for more color.
- Make a paste of the sambal and yogurt and stir it well.
- Cut the chicken into strips or pieces and stir-fry or grill the chicken until everything is well cooked.
- Then add the sambal yoghurt mixture to the chicken and stir everything together until well blended.
- The sauce Combine all ingredients of the Bulgogi sauce in a bowl and mix well.
Enjoy your dinner
Place the tacos on a plate and divide the meat mixture over the tacos. Drizzle a little of the sauce over the meat mixture of each taco and garnish with the thinly sliced cucumber. Serve the tacos with some extra cucumber and a bowl of extra sauce for those who like it. Of course you can use tortillas from the supermarket or simply make them yourself.
Bulgogi chicken tacos
- 2 Cucumbers
- 150 g Lettuce
- Bulgogi sauce to taste
- 350 g Chicken
- 2 tbsp Sambal oelek
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 8-12 Tortillas
- 8 tbsp Soy sauce
- 5 tbsp Brown sugar
- 5 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 5 tbsp Apple juice
- 1/2 Spring onion finely chopped
: 30 min
: 10 min